Winter Break

Hello World.

I know it's quite some time i wrote something on my blog; was busy with exams and all. So, the first semester here at IITB is over and winter break is going on. It's pretty boring as all my friends are busy in their respective colleges as they're yet not done with their first semester. Writing this blog is maybe an attempt to keep myself busy and do something productive. The boredom is partially checked by the excitement of the first ever encounter with the famed 'Mood Indigo'.

What a feeling it is! Weather over here at my home town (in Punjab) is quite cold in December-January and a break from the moderate Mumbai weather; a perfect atmosphere to savour my mom's food.

I've been playing a lot of Chess lately; with my brother, with my father and it's fun and I've improved a lot; from being clueless as to what the first move shall be to having a clear cut strategy since the beginning. I made a lot of plans for my winter vacations, that i'll do 'this' and 'that' including coding in C++ but i went through the material borrowed from my peers at IIT who did CS101 (Introduction to Programming course) in the first semester itself and some youtube videos, I found out that it'll be best if some experienced person most like-ably proffs back at IIT, introduce me to this new world.

I've made up plans to paint and am waiting for the right mood to kick in, afterall, an art-piece is nothing but an accident ;)
I've seen a lot of TEDx talks lately and each talk has inspired me in a way and have given me some beautiful insights into life and some habits we should inculcate in ourselves as attempts to make us good and happy beings; and has given me some new perspectives on career-building (until now, i had been quite rigid on this aspect of my life but now, am relatively flexible).

An author by the name of 'Cal Newport' wrote a book "So Good, They Can't Ignore You" among many others and i suggest this book to all those who are facing dilemmas on their career front as it busts a popular myth 'Follow Your Passion'. I may discuss the book in some other post of mine.

Honestly, I seriously don't know why anyone would be interested in reading all that i've written but still, thank you for reading this. Looking forward to the remaining days of my winter break.

Naman Aggarwal


Comments